DISCLAIMER: This is my honest opinion regarding my experience with the dherbs cleanse in comparison to my own Earthly Bodies Natural Living Customized Detox Plan. I was not sought out or compensated in any way to review this cleanse. Please read the full post!
Hi everyone HAPPY FALL! This is such a beautifully glorious time of year. A time to slow down and enjoy the beauty around us and inside us.
I just wanted to drop in quickly to give you an update on my 20 day full body cleanse while eating a raw vegan diet. I just could not let September roll outta here without giving you what I promised. After a lot of research and consideration I decided to complete this journey with the Dherbs full body cleanse. I stuck to this seriously strict regimen from August 21st – September 9th. You can read all about it on their website dherbs.com. But in the meantime here’s my take on the overall experience. That is why you stopped by isn’t it?
As I said this is a 20 day full body cleanse that focuses on cleansing all of your major organs and systems. Included in the cleanse are 7 different formulas six of which you take in a capsule and the final one is activated charcoal that you stir into a glass of water. Each formula is developed to pin point a specific organ/system: Formula 1 – Blood and Lymphatic, Formula 2 – Cardiovascular, Formula 3 – Liver, Gallbladder and Spleen,Formula 4 – Lungs and Respiratory, Formula 5 – Kidneys, Bladder and Adrenals, Formula 6 – Colon and Digestive Tract and Formula 7 taken at bedtime to absorb harmful toxins and wastes. For 20 days you take these formulas in 5 capsule doses every 2-3 hours. Your diet while on the cleanse is fully raw vegan which is genius because raw foods don’t lose any of their nutrients through cooking or heating. Also, the majority of raw foods are alkaline, which helps keep your body’s pH levels balanced. Prime environment for ultimate health! Just in case you try to get technical the cleanse spells out what you are and are not to have in detail. A fully raw food vegan diet is solely raw veggies (and juice), fruits (and juice), legume sprouts, sea plants, raw nuts, nut butter, seeds, raw herbs and plant oils. NOOOO animal products! No man-made (processed) sugars, dairy products (vegan or traditional), meat, fish or poultry, soy, tempeh, gluten grains or starches, wine, beer, liquor, vinegar, coffee, caffeinated tea, any chocolate and anything you would try to fry (I live in the South we’ll fry anything!). Did I mention this cleanse was pretty daggum strict?!? I’m still waiting on my superhero costume to arrive from Dherbs for completing this gauntlet ;-).
Before I get into my personal pros and cons here’s a before and after photo.
Let me get right to the physical numbers because if you’re still here reading I’ll lose you if I don’t hurry up and give you this. Promise you’ll stay and read the rest though. Deal?? Overall I lost 8.5 lbs. and 10.5 inches from my arms, waist, abs, hips, butt and legs. Notice that I called these my physical numbers and not my results. This is because a) I didn’t do this for the weight loss just like that wasn’t why I became a vegan 16 months ago and b) my results took me and kept me in an emotional and mental place that I have become protective of in this lifestyle. Now that we’ve gotten that out the way let’s talk pros and cons shall we…
- (At first read this will seem contradictory, but just hear me out) The physical numbers. Some of you are probably reading saying ‘what you did all that for a measly 8 lbs. and 10 inches?!?!’. Here’s the deal…the body on average can carry around 25 lbs. of toxins! So the fact that I only had 8 lbs. to get outta there is a major victory! It’s a testament to how respectful I’ve been to my body in my lifestyle. You with me? See your body will lose what it has to lose when you make the proper changes. Those physical numbers are what my body had to lose…YASSSSS!!!
- Detailed guidelines. If you are a person like me that likes to have consistency in your life you will love how this cleanse is structured. Don’t know when to take which formula, what to eat, when to eat it, how much of what to drink?? NO WORRIES it is all outlined in the regimen, explanation and FAQ booklet that comes with the cleanse. I loved that all the guess work was taken out of the process. I needed those brain cells to keep myself encouraged and on task.
- I couldn’t overeat! Yeh that never got old! When eating a 100% plant based diet you consume until you’re satisfied. No calorie counting, food weighing, plate proportions, none of that! And I got to make some of the most beautiful raw vegan recipes. You have to check out my Instagram @earthlybodies to see some of those pics. The things I did with my vegetti spiralizer in those weeks were unanimously amazing!
- Ahhh, the energy and mental clarity! I remember on day 8 waking up feeling ridiculously incredible. I said that morning I didn’t ever have to lose another single pound in life if that feeling would stay around forever! I popped straight up when the alarm went off and felt so light. I caught myself humming while putting on my shorts and sneakers and telling my fur baby Dulce what I was about to do to that treadmill, LoL. He had a smile on his face listening to me. I’m telling yall the energy was contagious at 5:15 in the morning.
- My menses was the bomb! Sorry fellas if that’s tmi, but run and tell the ladies in your life. They want to know about an alternative to taking 6 ibuprofens on day 1 for cramps (Yeh, that was me…). I know it was the raw vegan diet. And I will now hence forth and forever eat raw 7-10 days prior to it cycling every month. That’s just too good to ever let go!
My Mama always said if you have to say something negative you also have to counter with two positives. Well you know what Mama I only have one negative/con to five positives/pros in my Dherbs experience (^_^). Making you proud.
- The dosage. Not sure if yall started doing the math or hoped I made a serious typo at the beginning of this post…I didn’t. Every day for 20 days I took 5 capsules each of formulas 1-6. That was a total of 30 capsules per day. I hated the sound of the alarm I set every 2-3 hours to remind me to take my next formula. I had a ceremony on day 20 where I deleted each alarm after I completed each formula. WILL NEVER MISS THAT!
(Drum roll please……..)
WILL I DO THE DHERBS FULL BODY CLEANSE AGAIN???
As of this post no. While I thoroughly enjoyed the curiosity, research and experience I’m not convinced that I wouldn’t get the same results and PROS with my diet and exercise alone. So my next challenge is to put that theory to the test. Starting Wednesday October 1st I will be eating 80% fully raw, exercising a minimum of 25 minutes and getting in my 80-90 ounces of water daily for 15 days. I can’t wait to report back on my experience and results.
I bet yall caught the 80% fully raw part didn’t you?? LoL…you’re so observant. Let’s talk about that. I like warm food! There I said it. I prefer it specifically at dinner. It’s the one part of my mental that I haven’t conquered yet. I didn’t list that as a con in the cleanse because it was temporary. I can do anything for 20 days! So can you!
Let me show you what I had for dinner the night of day 21 to celebrate.
Nom Nom Nom! The whole pan of roasted broccoli all to myself. My Boo made it for me and it was the most delicious thing in life. Trust me after 20 days fully raw it was. I was knocked out like my 8 month old niece after taking a bottle of formula in like 20 minutes. My belly felt like Christmas Eve! Click here for the recipe. With that being said for this next healthy venture I will eat fully raw daily till 6 pm or whenever dinner is. However even at dinner I will not eat any grains, pasta, starches (bye potatoes…until we meet again), breads, etc. You get it…all those things I listed above.
Have you tried or wanted to try Dherbs? What was your experience? Let me know in the comments below. Be sure to visit Shop EBNL for all your self guided and customized detox plan needs.
Alright beautiful people see you on the next one! I pray this helps someone. Please reach out with any questions you may have. Share this post with everyone you think would benefit from it…which is everyone. Your Earthly Bodies and I love you for reading!