If you have been a subscriber for at least a year this title sounds familiar. It was the post Finally EAT YOUR VEGGIES where I expressed my gratitude to my friend Jacque for her support of my journey in part by introducing me to the delicious world of roasting veggies. I had no idea it even existed and I wasn’t taking any chances on anyone who came across this blog not knowing. There a 5 days worth of roasted veggie ideas on their AND the rundown of all the nutrients you receive from each one helping you make the recipe specific to your healthy natural living goals . You should go check it out by clicking the title above or clicking here (don’t worry it will open in a separate window for you to check out after you finish reading this one…go ahead click it).
I would like to apologize to those of you that read the original post and thought “yeah Johanna that’s great, but if I had 40 minutes to do anything that would be a gift in itself!” I get it…but even more so my husband gets it and he wanted us to spend more time at the table and not in the kitchen…hence this remix created by him ;-). (All together now “THANKS CHRISTOVIA!”) So here are two of my & his most frequently made veggie dishes and the remix is that they will only take 15-20 minutes tops! Let’s get these veggies on your table and in your family’s bellies tonight.
For these two favorites you will need:
- Your clean and prepped veggies – 1 bag Fresh Green Beans, 1 bag Fresh Brussel Sprouts, 1 bag Celebration Potatoes (you know the ones in the cute lil mesh bag that are a mix of red, yellow and purple). Fresh garlic cloves or minced, diced onions and baby bella mushrooms depending on your veggie.
- A medium to large pot and strainer
- A medium to large pan
- 1-2 Tbsp of Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Bragg’s Liquid Aminos
- Himalayan Pink Salt
- Black Pepper
- My newest spice love – Smoked Paprika
- Balsamic Vinegar
- 10-12 minutes in the pot / strainer and 5-7 minutes in the pan
That’s it! NOM NOM NOM.
- Fill your pot with a 1 cp of water (making sure you don’t let the water touch your strainer which will make the veggies touching it very mushy.) Place the strainer over your pot and place your veggies right in. Cover and let steam on Medium High heat for 10-12 minutes.
- When there’s only 5-7 minutes left in your steam time saute’ your onions in olive oil.
- Once steaming is complete add your green beans into your pan along with baby bella mushrooms.
- Saute’ everything together for 5 minutes adding in your season (aminos, pepper, balsamic vinegar and very little himalyan pink salt).
- Fill your pot with a 1 cp of water (making sure you don’t let the water touch your strainer which will make the veggies touching it very mushy.) Place the strainer over your pot and place your Brussels and cut Celebrations Potatoes right in. Cover and let steam on Medium High heat for 10-12 minutes.
- Once steam is complete add it all into your pan along with whole, chopped or minced garlic cloves.
- Saute’ everything together for 5 minutes or until you get that nice crisp to it all YUMMM!
- Add in your season at the last minute (liquid aminos, smoked paprika and balsamic vinegar).
No one at your table will dislike either of these unless they have a severe taste bud deficiency in which case all I can say is bless their heart (^_^). Your family will definitely want to make these recipes again and this remix method will work with the other 3 veggies listed on the original post Finally EAT YOUR VEGGIES (you didn’t think I’d let you forget about it did you?? Click it!). Please come back and let me know what you did with that extra time you saved. Use the hashtag #earthlybodies on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter to show off your creation. Also be sure to SHARE this post on your social media sites. I love hearing from you so leave a COMMENT below. Here’s to making our Earthly Bodies a safe to LIVE <3.