This post was originally published May 2014 and deserved to be brought back to the forefront as it has the breakdown of why juicing is so magical and two of my favorite juice recipes from the beginning of my journey to the present. I hope you enjoy it again or for the first time (^_^).
I get people all the time that drop in on my instagram just to request juice recipes to get them started on their healthy journey. I tell you if I wasn’t so adamant about getting the message of good health out there I may feel used, LoL. But because this is my passion I always graciously oblige and provide them all with my two go to juice recipes which are “Holy Grale” and “Soul Shine” juice. I got these two recipes from the raw vegan extraordinaire Kristina Carrillo-Bucarum better known as Fully Raw Kristina on all social media sites and for over a year I have made them a part of my daily juicing routine. I seriously juice almost every single day. I may miss only 1-2 days a month and these are my two go to juices 3-4 days of every week. I get fancy and experiment with juice recipes on the other days (^_^).
The gifts that I have received from juicing are unmatched! Here are the top things I’ve noticed:
- The fog in my head was lifted! I am thinking so much clearer. When you stand in front of a group daily and talk the highly regulated world of banking for 8 hours this is huge!
- My energy increased drastically and almost immediately. No longer feel like I need to pull over and take a nap on my 1 hour drive home from work and I can make dinner and spend time with my family!
- My skin appeared to glow. This is addicting. Your skin is your largest organ! It can heal itself from the inside out more perfectly than any chemically laced serum or cream can.
- Of course weight was flying off of me like milk and bread off the shelves during an ice storm!
- The juice was so jam packed with nutrients I didn’t feel hungry afterwards. Now 32 oz is my breakfast and more than enough to satisfy me.
- My nails and hair were growing, shiny and so much stronger. I have never had pretty nails. They have always been brittle and full of those tiny ridges. Now I don’t even want to put polish over them.
- Better health. I was diagnosed with hypoglycemia 3 years ago. My nutritionist informed me that I was ‘killing’ my pancreas. I was not 100% certain what my pancreas did for me, but I was adamant that since God sent me here with it I wanted to keep it! I AM NO LONGER HYPOGLYCEMIC!!
So now I would like to share the gift of these juices with you! First you will need a juicer…not a nutra-bullet, magic bullet, ninja or any other blender that is trying to pass itself off as a juicer. IT’S NOT A JUICER if it does 30 other things. I have had a Jack Lalanne juicer for 3 years now and it has been putting in work the last year. I love it! One day I would love to upgrade to a Breville or Omega because they wring the fruits and veggies almost completely dry of all that wonderful juice, but for now I am so good.
Soul Shine Juice
1 bunch of Kale (curly or dinosaur)
1 head of romaine lettuce
3 stalks of celery
1 large cucumber
3-4 apples (the more apple the sweeter the juice)
Juice of 1 lemon
Cut your veggies and fruit in sizes based on your juicers shoot to make it easy. I like to run my leafy greens thru first followed by my fruit and then my high water content items (celery and cucumber) to push thru any fruits and veggies still in the filter. I also like to manually juice my lemon and add it after to get as much of the juice as possible. OH and the magic to a delicious smooth juice is to run it thru a strainer before drinking it. Many will disagree with me on this and say I’m getting rid of too much fiber and my reply to that is I’m vegan…not lacking in fiber, LoL.
This makes about 22 oz. in Jack Lalanne juicer
Soul Shine Juice
Holy Grale Juice
1 bag of red grapes
1 bunch of curly or dinosaur Kale
That’s it (^_^). You get it? Grapes + Kale = Grale…I LOVE IT! Run these ingredients thru your juicer, strain and enjoy. Let me just say YOU’RE WELCOME now because Welches ain’t got nothin’ on this!! Makes about 16 oz. in my Jack Lalanne juicer.
Holy Grale Juice
What’s your favorite juice combo? Leave it in the COMMENTs below.
You and your body will love these two juices!! When you try them let me know (^_^). GIVE YOUR BODY WHAT IT WANTS AND IT WILL SHINE FOR YOU!!!
Thank you so much for taking the time to visit my lil part of the web. I hope you enjoyed and will support the blog, follow the blog and SHARE the blog with anyone you feel could benefit from this info…which is everyone! Cheers to our Earthly Bodies.